So, in just a few short weeks, Mother’s Day will be here. I’ve always really liked Mother’s Day, not just because I have a pretty cool Mom, but also because it really signified the beginning of a great time of year. Warmer weather, longer days and lots of get togethers with family and friends.
I really enjoy the gift selecting process but I have to admit, I do get just a little, teensy bit stressed. You too? It’s not stress about having to give a gift, I just want to get something that’s fun or interesting and… perfect. So,for the next three weeks I’ll be posting some fun ideas and interesting gifts that I hope you’ll find are cool.
For this week it’s some interesting do-it-yourself gifts. Giving gifts is always fun but when it’s something that you’ve put your time and effort into doing, it just feels really special. And the person on the receiving end feels very touched.
1. Personalized or hand-made wrapping is so easy to do but adds such a fantastic little touch. I just love this idea which I found on a great blog I frequent, The House That Lars Built. Brittany has such a creative eye and I am always inspired by her ideas, creations and musings. Click here to see all the how-to.
2. This clutch is so super duper cute. I know I could totally make this. Grace from Stripes & Sequins has so many creative diy fashion ideas and this one would be kinda cool for mom. Check out the how to here.
3. There is something so classic about pearls and ribbons. Anyone can wear it, at any age. This one from Flax & Twine looks so easy to do but the final product is really pretty. I could see a few strands, in different colours of ribbon. Get all the info here.
4. Oooo, I love this pillow. The ribbon detail, the shape, the colour! This looks so intricate and beautiful, and it would be a wonderful gift for Mom. You can follow the step-by-step here.
5. There is something so amazing about flowers. They always brighten a mood and put a smile on your face. This diy tip from Brittni over at Paper & Stich is awesome. Simple, easy to follow instructions on pulling together a bouquet that looks amazingly professional. Add in a fantastic vase and you are good to go. Click here to get all the info.
6. I really do believe that packaging is everything. No matter what it is, if it’s wrapped up all nice and pretty it instantly makes the gift look fantastic. When I came across these paper calla lilies on oh happy day, I thought it would be perfect for a mothers day diy because it’s simple, easy and fun. so, if you are a little diy challenged like me, you can still give something hand-made to Mom. See it here.
Even though I’m not super crafty, I’m going to give some of these a try myself. It’s okay to keep them for me too right? Which one inspires you?